Thursday, January 15, 2009
the end of an era
When I was in high school, I was in a band with my sister and two friends. I played drums. We were kind of grunge-y and noise-y and not that all that bad. We played our first and most well-attended show at Ye Olde Jamestowne Hall in James Township, Michigan. Shows were held almost every weekend at "The Hall" as it was so lovingly called. I guess people got married and had parties there, but I have only ever been to see bands play. Next door was "things n more party store" where show-goers would soujourn between bands, especially in winters. I would buy a bag of cheetos, a box of candy cigarettes and an arizona iced tea to quiet the hunger that would develop after swaying to the music just enough to enjoy the music but not so much as to come across as overeager and uncool. Things n more burned down this morning. RIP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
suburban nodnicks, right? at least the hall still stands. i remember your show there. and you're right, you guys weren't half bad.
Post a Comment