Tuesday, December 27, 2005

rumblings

Self Realizations While In Pakistan

#1 - After three cups of dood-heavy chai last night and three this morning, I am most definitely lactose intolerant. Whew. The nausea! I am now regretting even more that Amna and I forgot to bring soy milk.

#2 - Though I am by no stretch of the imagination one who believes in any kind of biological determinism, I have come to the realization that I am genetically predisposed to dancing. I knew my moms had the moves, but my cousins? DAMN. Shakin that booty like they're the original MGGW and it's 1999. Only women present, of course.

#3 - I am so so very blessed in every single way. Regardless of how much I worry about my weight, my abilities, if/how I am loved, whether I will ever be 'successful', etc, I needn't worry. I need to look at the big picture once in a while, eh?

#4 - Though I will sometimes say the opposite, I am pretty sure I do not want to get married. Well, rather, if it happens it happens. But it's not necessary. As long as I have flings here and there, I will be more than satisfied. And by flings, I do not mean pathetic late-night monologues about friends with benefits. Ew.

1 comment:

zfr. said...

you can get soy milk at a couple stores in Islamabad. there are two near the Jinnah Market in f-7...Harold's and 7th Avenue.