Something's in the air today. Actually it's been in the air since yesterday. Yesterday, my friends (friend? who reads this shit anyway?), it was nearly 70 degrees here in the nation's capital. I did not wear a coat at any time while walking outside yesterday. What bliss!
This morning, I walked out to my bus stop and after waiting for 10 minutes, I was drenched by rain. Cats and Dogs, I tell you! I got on the bus, relieved to be in a dry space. And at each stop, the weather got curiouser and curiouser. At each stop there was more and more snow mixed with the rain. First just a few solitary flakes falling between raindrops. then a gust of flakey wind here and there. By the time i got to 15th and U, it ws full-on snow. And now it looks like a blizzard outside. The fiercest snow and wind I have seen this season in DC.
But that's not it. I actually did not get off the bus at 15th and U. I got off somewhere between 15th and 16th because the driver zoned out and forgot to stop at my stop, though I pulled the cord immediately after he pulled away from the corner of 14th and U and got up and stood immediately behind the yellow painted on the floor behind the driver seat. I had to remind him to stop. Then, when I got off the bus. I walked to the corner the cross the street and I stared at the flashing red hand across the street for about 10 seconds before I realized it was flashing and not constant. I had zoned out.
Then, my coworker's ipod and cell phone disappear into thin air. nowhere to be found.
It's going to be a strange, strange day.
When our regular volunteer came in this morning I said to him, "Frank, it's CRAZY out there!" He responded, "and how!"
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment